Detoxing for Good Gut Health
The gut is the basis of our health. It’s where we digest and absorb nutrients and is where we store gut bacteria. Poor gut health is strongly linked to an unsupported immune system, malnutrition and mood swings. It can also play a role in arthritis and obesity.
So why would you need a good gut detox and cleanse?
Gut detoxing isn’t just for people who suffer from stomach issues. Many of the following complaints can be linked back to poor gut health and can include:
- Constipation and/or diarrhoea
- Mood Swings
- Joint Pain
- Skin Issues
There are common mechanisms at play with these symptoms – inflammation, poor nutrient absorption and cell dysfunction, all of which are directly influenced by the function and health of your gut.
How do you detox and get your gut health back?
Our program is designed to not only burn fat with our IGNITE products, but if you do a 26 Day program twice a year, you will also ensure that you have optimal gut health. We highly recommend a detox once you have completed an anti-biotic treatment as you will need to nourish the gut and replace all the healthy bacteria that’s been removed from the anti-biotics. Another good time is after holidays as alcohol and indulgent “processed” foods wreak havoc on your gut bacteria and lining. Once you complete a DETOX26 program, you should continue to eat “gut-friendly” foods and nutrients as part of your regular diet. Similar foods that you enjoyed during the DETOX26 phase 2 of the protocol.
What are the best foods for a healthy gut?
Our top picks to always include as part of your food plans are:
- All fresh seasonal vegetables, especially brassica vegetables
- All fresh seasonal fruit
- All fresh sprouts
- All fresh herbs and spices, especially ginger and tumeric
- Unsweetened almond milk, rice milk or coconut milk
- Fermented foods
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
- Gluten free grains (rice, quinoa, buckwheat, millet..)
- Chicken, eggs, fish, turkey (all organic where possible)
- Avocado, extra virgin olive oil, raw nuts and seeds (including psyllium husk), nut butters, coconut oil
- Herbal tea and green tea
Add these daily to your regime for good gut health
- Apple Cider Vinegar (this stimulates digestion)
- Fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kefir, coconut kefir yogurt, kombucha, kimchi (these foods promote a healthy balance of good bacteria in the gut)
- Turmeric powder (this has great anti-inflammatory properties)
- Fresh ginger (to aid in digestion and nausea)
- Psyllium husk (a great source of fibre for bowel function)
- Cabbage, kale, broccoli and other brassica vegetables (these enhance detoxification and are a good source of fibre)
Following these simple rules and you will continue to enjoy an abundance of good health and wellness that your gut will love you for.