This list is for people on the DETOX26 protocol who are experiencing hunger or cravings RIGHT NOW. Don’t give in! Don’t let those HCG drops go to waste by cheating. Constant intense hunger on the program isn’t typical, though hunger does happen for some people — and there is something you can do about it. Just go over this list and try one or more of these hunger-killing strategies to help keep you on track with the DETOX26 Slimming Detox.
1. Eat a pickle! A pickle can be oh-so-satisfying! A small or medium pickle or a gherkin. A pickle has no fat and only one carb. You can make your own pickles by putting cucumbers in vinegar, and both of those are allowed on the HCG diet. Be sure to check pre packaged pickle or gherkin labels for added sugar or too much salt (extra salt may cause water retention).
2. Eat an apple, a breadstick, or a tomato. If you haven’t reached your 500 calorie limit yet, go ahead and eat something approved RIGHT NOW. Keep a variety of HCG diet-approved fruits and veggies on hand for this purpose. Remember to subtract it from your daily count so you don’t go over your calorie limit.
3. Spread out your food. This is essentially the same strategy as numbers 1 and 2 above, but you can use it intentionally to stave off hunger before it even starts. Basically, you spread out your foods throughout the day, so your stomach doesn’t feel empty as often. For example, eat one fruit for breakfast, one breadstick for a midmorning snack, your meat and veggies for lunch, one breadstick for an afternoon snack, meat and veggies for dinner, and one fruit for an evening dessert—or any similar variation. The HCG diet is very flexible this way. Remember not to eat for 15 minutes before and after taking your HCG drops.
4. Eat some extra salad. Lettuce, spinach, chard—all these leafy green vegetables are so low on calories, you can really eat a lot of it without ever exceeding your 500 calorie limit. One cup of shredded, green leaf lettuce has just 5 calories! Not to mention a ton of extra vitamins and fibre. Two cups makes a large salad, three or four a huge one, and you’re only getting 10 to 20 calories. That’s less than a serving of asparagus and half as much as a single medium onion, both of which are allowed on the HCG protocol.
5. Spices. There’s nothing like some good spices to make a meal more satisfying. Hot spices are especially good at this. Not only does it make you drink more water with your meal, it just tastes more fulfilling. For example, you could slice up a tomato and sprinkle on some salt, pepper, and Italian spices. Dump all the pepper you want on your veggies. Bake an apple with cinnamon for a tasty treat. The possibilities go on and on. Spices are your best friend on the HCG diet.
6. Drink lots and lots of water. Drink an extra amount (about 3 or 4 cups) half an hour after your morning dose of HCG drops, again half an hour before lunch, and again half an hour before dinner. This helps your stomach feel fuller. Also, if you haven’t been drinking enough water, you might be dehydrated, which can often be mistaken for hunger. Be sure to drink plenty of water all the time throughout the HCG diet.
7. Drink loads of tea. Tea will give you some extra water and feels more satisfying. Mint and peppermint are natural appetite suppressants and dull the taste buds. The HCG diet allows you to drink as much herbal tea as you would like!
8. Brush your teeth. This psychological trick can be quite effective. Try it! Who likes to eat right after brushing their teeth? When you have a fresh, clean mouth, you won’t want to mess it up or maybe chew some gum!
9. Recognize emotional triggers. Stop a moment and think. Are you bored? Angry? Lonely? Tired? Frustrated? Are you really hungry, or just feeling emotional? Maybe your stomach is just feeling a bit empty, making you prone to emotional eating. Often it’s as simple as this. Your emotions are dominating you, and you’re turning automatically to an old habit. Stop and distract yourself with something else. Find something to occupy your mind. Use your time on the DETOX26 program to beat your emotional eating habits, and you’ll be rewarded with a lifetime of healthier eating.
10. Supplements. Adding supplements into your diet can help with cravings and hunger. At DETOX26 we recommend Vitamin B12, Magnesium (400-600mg), Calcium (1200mg) and L-glutamine. If you also have the RESET Drops, you can take a dose of those which also contains an appetite suppressant.